Bitdefender capitalizes on live and virtualized behavior-based detection, in addition to cloud-based services, to stop emerging e-threats that other products miss.
- Active Virus Control - Monitors processes behavior while they are running to detect new & unknown viruses
- Rescue mode - Reboots your computer in a trusted environment, which is used for cleanup and restoration
- Virtualized Browser - Isolates the browser from the operating system in a Bitdefender-provided environment to block web-based threats
- Vulnerability Scanner - Checks for missing or outdated security software as well as potentially unsafe system settings
- Antispam - Stops unwanted e-mail from reaching your Inbox
- Two-way Firewall - Monitors your Internet connections and keeps strangers from accessing your Wi-Fi connection
- Parental Control - Blocks inappropriate content, restricts Web access between certain hours, and helps parents remotely monitor their children's online activity
Bitdefender's Autopilot makes all the security-related decisions for you!
- Autopilot - Provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you
Protect yourself, and your friends, from e-threats that attempt to exploit the trust you've built with them.
- Social Network Protection - Filters the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends and monitors your privacy settings
- Search Advisor - Gives advance warning of risky websites right in your Google and Bing search results
Bitdefender protects your privacy and personal data with a range of specialized modules and functions.
- Personal Data Filter - Prevents critical data, such as your social security number, from ever leaving your computer
- Antiphising - Blocks websites supporting various scams or credit card phishing attempts
- Chat Encryption - Keeps your conversations private on Yahoo! and MSN Messenger
Bitdefender 2012 takes 'scheduled scanning' to a whole new level, as the scanning only takes place when your system is idle.
- Scan Dispatcher - Triggers system scans when resource usage falls below a certain threshold to avoid any impact on your system's performance