Bitdefender capitalizes on live and virtualized behavior-based detection, in addition to cloud-based services, to stop emerging e-threats that other products miss.
- Active Virus Control - Monitors processes behavior while they are running to detect new & unknown viruses
- Rescue mode - Reboots your computer in a trusted environment, which is used for cleanup and restoration
- Virtualized Browser - Isolates the browser from the operating system in a Bitdefender-provided environment to block web-based threats
- Vulnerability Scanner - Checks for missing or outdated security software as well as potentially unsafe system settings
Bitdefender's Autopilot makes all the security-related decisions for you!
- Autopilot - Provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you
Protect yourself, and your friends, from e-threats that attempt to exploit the trust you've built with them.
- Social Network Protection - Filters the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends and monitors your privacy settings
- Search Advisor - Gives advance warning of risky websites right in your Google and Bing search results
Bitdefender protects your privacy and personal data with a range of specialized modules and functions.
- Personal Data Filter - Prevents critical data, such as your social security number, from ever leaving your computer
- Antiphising - Blocks websites supporting various scams or credit card phishing attempts
- Chat Encryption - Keeps your conversations private on Yahoo Messenger
Bitdefender 2012 takes "scheduled scanning" to a whole new level, as the scanning only takes place when your system is idle.
- Scan Dispatcher - Triggers system scans when resource usage falls below a certain threshold to avoid any impact on your system's performance
Minimal system requirements:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit) , Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1)
- CPU: 800MHz processor
- Memory (RAM):
- Available free hard disk space: 1.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)
Recommended system requirements:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit), Vista (SP2), Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1)
- CPU: Intel CORE Duo (1.66 GHz) or equivalent processor
- Memory (RAM):
- 1 GB (Microsoft Windows XP)
- 1.5 GB (Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7)
- Available free hard disk space: 2.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on system drive)
- Internet Explorer 7 and higher
- Yahoo Messenger 8.1 and higher
- Firefox 3.6 and higher
- Thunderbird 3.0.4
- Outlook 2007, 2010
- Outlook Express and Windows Mail on x86
- .Net framework 3